Monday, February 11, 2013

Update!

        Hey! I've been home for about 2 months now and I am more than ready for another adventure! I hope everybody is having a wonderful start to 2013 and had a great holiday season.

       I had an great holiday season that I got to share with my friends and family. I've been skiing, sledding, and playing nearly every day. I finally got caught up in school by completing nearly the entire 1st semester of my junior year in about 4 days (the most miserable four days of my life, note to self: NEVER get behind ever again in school!).

        I spent most of December in my home town but also had the chance to be in a Dillard's runway show and a Dennis Basso runway show. It was really nice getting to continue my dream while being back at home! In the beginning of January my friend Josh and I (a student from my old high school) did a photo shoot together styled by "Calamity" and I submitted it to Nationalist magazine and it got in!! We were both super excited about it! The shoot was super chilly (because it was in an ice cave) but once my body went numb I couldn't really feel the cold any more. It was crazy being two teenagers from a small town getting our work into a National magazine! (here are some pictures from Nationalist Magazine)



    Right before I left LA I did a shoot for Tinsel Tokyo Magazine which was published today. I am VERY excited about it!!! This shoot was really cool! The entire team was super talented and we all had a lot of fun together. It was POURING rain outside so between almost every shot I was having an umbrella over my head and powder put on my nose. It was super hard to focus because my dad flew into LA that morning and I hadn't seen him for about a month, and I couldn't see him until the shoot was over! Although it was hard to truly concentrate I feel like I did a good job. A lot of the clothes were too big for me, so my back was covered clips! This was one of my most favorite jobs and I can't explain how excited I am about with the pictures! Here are the images from it! :)








     I've also had a lot of fun non-modeling adventures since I've been home. I went to the National Western Stock Show, the X-Games, and even hiked the Grand Canyon and went to Las Vegas all in one month! I have to say, it was a very enjoyable month.

      I was originally planning on going to South Korea at the beginning of February but there were some complications so I am going in April after I take the ACT. However, I am going back to Los Angeles in the March for a few weeks. It will be my first time ever traveling with out my mom, it will be a big change! But still, I am very excited. My two best friends (Jordan and Jane) and a lot of my family and friends live out there so I won't be alone.

       I've been able to see how Los Angeles has changed me since I got home. I don't need to be with people 24/7, I have more confidence, I am more adventurous, and more importantly I am completely happy just being me! I am so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. God really blessed me. As I am starting to get ready for another crazy adventure I am seeing how much I just love life! I will start writing more and keep you up to date about my career once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment