Monday, November 26, 2012

A busy end to my trip!


Last week was such a wonderful way to end the amazing LA adventure that I was so lucky to go on! On Saturday I had a magazine photo shoot. It was pouring rain and the shoot was out side, it was so much fun! Rain is my favorite weather:). It was for an editorial spread, so it was very, very high fashion . They actually made it look like I had no eye brows which was pretty unique! I had 7 looks and very intense hair and make up, so the shoot took about 8 hours. Everyone in the crew was super talented and we all had a lot of fun together, I am very, VERY excited to see the pictures! I got a peak at a few but unfortunately I can't post them online before their published or I will get in a lot of trouble.

On Sunday I was in a Jackson Guthy music video!! Jackson Guthy is said to be the next Pop sensation. He is 17 and ultra talented, I was so lucky to get picked to be in the video! The video was in this AMAZING ranch in Santa Barbra. It was on top of a mountain and looked over the ocean, I was in love it was my dream house. Really all I had to do for the video was dance and act like I was having a lot of fun at a "high school party". The funny thing about is everyone was about 21 except for me, we all just looked like we were really young. The whole crew rocked and I became friends with a lot of amazing people! It was so cool hanging out with actors vs. models. They are SO different from each other! They aren't bad differences, just very obvious. Models are a little more calm and very put together where actors are still put together but like to be loud...VERY loud! We got yelled at a few times because we were behind the scenes playing patty cake due to extreme boredum and we got too loud..oops! For some reason they let Jackson choose the food for the whole crew, so being a 17 year old boy he picked candy, soda and fruit snacks. We were on set for about 10 hours, so by the end we we shriveled up with hunger. As we were walking to the shuttle to take us back to LA we walked by a pizza man. We happily stole Jacksons pizza and have a feast on the drive back. This was my first acting job, so I was really nervous. Luckily my impeccable dance skills helped me blend in perfectly, just kidding. But really it wasn't that bad. The video should be out soon and I will be sure to post in the minute its published!!

The day after the video, Monday, My mom, dad and I went to Disneyland! It was a very eventful day. I convinced my parents to stay until midnight to get the completely Disney experience. We went on nearly every ride, some even twice, and were all in a coma the next day. It was the Disney hang over, it was pretty awful actually.

On Tuesday we ate lunch at a Famous hot dog stand called Pinks Hot Dogs. It just happened to be the day that Leeza Gibbons was there presenting her "featured" hot dog. My dad gladly ordered her hot dog and got to be interviewed for her TV show! That will be airing in March, and I will be sure to put it up here when it does. He had a pretty spiffy hot dog speech.

On Wednesday I had an audition for a BMW commercial.  I am still very new to acting, and to say the least I do not think I got the job. My instructions were simple; just sit on the chair and act like I was in the front seat of the car driving some place really cool. The casting director told me to just say some simple dialogue that I would say if I were sitting in the car. He also told me that at some point of the audition I should act like my favorite song came on the radio. I walked in with a LOT of confidence completely convinced that I would get the job, but then I got a little bit nervous. I sat down and had a complete brain fart and had no idea what to say, so I screamed “Look, a UFO!!” and pointed out of the imaginary window. I realized what I just said and started to laugh, then eventually re-settled and continued to ride my fold-up chair BMW. I then said “ugh this drive is so long, but at least I am in this luxurious BMW” and followed that by a convincing eye brow raise. After that, it was time to turn on the music. I reached my hand forward and pretended to crank up the tunes. I head bobbed so hard that my neck was actually sore for a while afterwards. I got the standard “thank you, we will be in touch” as I left the casting and am very confident that they were not impressed, but that’s okay! It was an experience that I will be reminded of each time I get into my moms beemer. 

Shortly after Wednesday came Thursday which was Thanksgiving. We ate dinner at Kailey's boyfriends' house in Fallbrook (Orange County). It was delicious, and I had a lot of fun hanging out with Eric's little brothers. His whole family is really amazing and I am so happy Kailey found such a great guy.

I was planning on going back home to Colorado on December 1st , but a job that I had planned for got delayed which allowed us to come home earlier. We have been driving since yesterday and I will be home by tonight! I am so blessed that I got to have such an amazing experience in Los Angeles. My mom, dad, sister, agents, and all of the other incredible people in my life are the reason that I could have such a perfect adventure and I am so thankful for that. Los Angeles was a memory that will last my entire life and I can't wait for the other modeling memories that will be created in the future. It was bitter sweet leaving LA. I am ridiculously home sick, but I am also so sad to be leaving such an incredible city behind. Every great thing comes to an end, and I'm happy to say that that was only the beginning of so many more experiences. As of right now there are no official plans for the Spring, but Asia and New York are in big consideration right now. Thank you so all of those amazing people in my life supporting my career, you are all so amazing :). This is NOT my last blog! I will update on jobs I do in Colorado, published work from LA, and what ever path I take in the future. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment