Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hot Topic and Cerisier

I have had such an amazing past 2 days! Yesterday I got called in the morning for a company called Cerisier, a Japanese hair brush company. They called me so last minute because the model that they hired had short hair, and they needed long hair for that particular shoot. I woke up and zoomed over to their studio. The shoot was really fun! It was mostly beauty shots and videos. The videos will be on a commercial in Japan! The whole crew was pretty laid back but still really fun. They brought an "authentic japanese lunch" for us...I'm not sure what I ate, but I didn't feel good for the rest of the night ha, but I survived! I haven't seen any of the pictures from yesterday and can't wait to see them! Shortly after the shoot, my agent called me and said that I got a direct booking from the company Hot Topic, I was so so so excited! I barley slept at all last night because I have never worked for such a big brand. My call time was 9am but then morning my mom checked her email and it got switched to 8:30, and in LA, 30 minutes can make a HUGE difference because of traffic! We rushed out of the condo as fast as possible and were on our way. I think my mom was going to throw up with nerves and stress when we pulled up to a truck loading zone at 8:25, luckily Hot Topic was in the same building just down the parking lot a little bit. The building was so cool! It was huge and the security was super high. Everything was really animated and gothic, something completely different than what I am used to, but it was surprising to see that not one of the employees were gothic! The studio was in the back of their huge marketing headquarters. They had 3 studios actually, we were in the medium sized one (still quite large). They started my hair and make up almost immediately. The unique thing about Hot Topic is for their catalog they shoot it lips down, so my eyes did not make it in any of the shots. As you could imagine, that made make up really easy. All they did was put lip stick on me and my makeup was all set. My hair had a completely different story. They wanted pink hair, so they put water and chalk in it. The hair stylist literally divided my hair up in to a ton of tiny little strands, got each strand wet with water and rubbed the painting chalk all over it. My hair feels like sand paper, but it's pink so it looks cool. She warned me that blonde hair some times absorbs the color of the chalk, I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning if that happened :P. I wore about 50 different outfits, I was puckered out by the end! Catalog is pretty fun but it gets a little boring because your poses are confined in a little box which doesn't allow much movement, and they have to be pretty generic. Editorial and lifestyle are much more fun. I was at the shoot for almost 7 hours and really enjoyed it! I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to work with such an awesome brand! I am so happy and loved working for them! After the shoot my mom picked me up and we walked around the star walk at hollywood and got some dinner. When we got back we rode up the elevator with a really sick woman who informed us that she was sick because there has been a body in the apartment next to her for about 5 weeks that was just discovered, it's so freaky! Luckily it is nowhere near our condo, but it is still in the same building which kind of freaks me out. He died of natural causes so that means there are no murderers in our building, thank goodness! I feel really bad for the man and hope he is safely in Heaven! On a complete opposite, happier note, I have a casting for a music video tomorrow and a full day of school unless another job comes up. My dad is coming to LA on Friday and on Saturday night I am in a Runway show! I go home in just over a week I can not wait!! :)

*Here is a picture from my shoot for hot topic, it was behind the scenes shot by the boy model that was there, Dylan.


*Here is a picture of the Hot Topic headquarters!


No comments:

Post a Comment