Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Under Water Shoot

Yesterday I felt like I was on America's Next Top Model. I did an under water mermaid shoot for Deborah Lindquist! We did the shoot in the photographer's friends' beautiful house. The house was so big that we actually thought it was an apartment building when we drove up to it!I attached a picture of the main room of the house. I would probably trade the studio my mom and I are living in for that house, just maybe!

I'm not a very good swimmer, at all. I have mastered the doggy paddle and that's about it. For some reason when I heard "under water shoot" I truly believed that all of my snorkeling and tubing experience would make me a really awesome swimmer! I was slightly wrong! My first issue is that I couldn't figure out how to get to the bottom with out floating up right away. I kept going under as fast as I could to popping up on the surface a few seconds later. Eventually the photographer realized my problem so she gave me a weight to hold me down. I literally almost drowned as I jumped into the water holding the 10 lb. weight, so the assistant swam over and took it from me. She's a little more water blessed than me! I think this was the hardest shoot I've ever done because it was so far out of my natural element, but I did have a lot of fun doing it! I eventually figured out that if I blow out all of my air I could stay down a little longer. To pose, it basically required anything that feels "foldy and awkward".  I had three beautiful outfits and got to work with another model form London who was absolutely amazing! I couldn't see for about 2 hours after the shoot because the water (salt water) was so harsh, but eventually some eye drops got my sight back and I survived! I did not get the chance to see ANY pictures, so I'm really anxious for them to get edited! I will post them as soon as they do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment