Wednesday, October 17, 2012

LA Fashion Week Update

 I will begin this blog by informing you that my feet are on the verge of falling off, and I am really, really tired, but also very happy about the successful past two days I have had! Two days ago (Monday) I worked with LA Market Week (LAMW). LAMW is basically a big shopping mall (or 3 sky riser buildings) located in down town LA filled with sample items from all of the top designers with their looks for the upcoming season. In this case, the clothes were all for Spring 2013. Big buyers for stores such as Sax Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, and so on are all there picking out the clothes that will be sold at their stores the following season. I was working with the Aaron Matthew LA Showroom which represents David Lerner, Henry and Belle, L.A.M.B, Sella & Jaime, and a few other AWESOME designer brands. My job was to put on all of the clothes that the buyers asked me to and let them decide rather or not they wanted that in their store. It was a lot of changing! I probably put on at LEAST 150 outfits, but the buyers bought basically every outfit I put on which was cool! It was a 9 hour day so I was ready for bed when I got home! It was really cool though because 3 of the designers represented by Aaron Matthew seemed to take a liking to me, and they got my information to model for ALL of them in the Spring! Hopefully that actually works out! One of the designers even wants to fly me out to NY to work for her..AHH! :)

Yesterday was even more of a whirlwind. I had a Runway show hosted by E! Entertainment and Melissa Rivers which was for the Fashion Business Inc. which featured the brands Johnny Was, Living Doll LA, Cool People, Sam & Lavi, Continuous Line, and a bunch more. I got to be in the opening segment for the show, so, I got to be dressed up like Betty Davis and walk the runway with a bunch of professional dancers and actors dancing around me and following me like paparazzi. I was told to do nothing but be a bitch, so I tried my hardest! There were a few moments where I was holding back laughter, but I made it through it which was good! :) The opening part was probably the most fun part of the entire show, but the runway part was pretty cool as well! I was being featured by 3 different designers, which were all back-to-back from each other, so my back stage experience was slightly hectic! I had hair and make up changes WHILE I was also changing clothes, which reminded how you can NOT be shy in this business! All of the outfits I got to wear were super cute! I had so much fun and Runway really is my favorite section of modeling because it has the most energy to it. I will post some pictures once I get them!

Before the show was pretty fun! I got to be interviewed by Melissa Rivers for E!, and I realized I need to work on my speaking skills a little bit! She asked me what my biggest beauty tip was and the only thing I could think of was  "Wash your face"...after realizing what I just said, I started laughing REALLY hard, and Melissa just stared at me until I calmed down to finish the interview. It was NOT my brightest moment, but it was super cool being interviewed by E!, and I think besides that the interview went pretty good!

There were cheerleaders at the show and they were waiting back stage. My friend Barnett Ohara and I were sitting by the back stage doors hanging out before the show and all of the cheer leaders started FREAKING out and taking pictures of us and asking for his autograph...apparently he's a big deal! He stars on the TV show Big Time Rush. After experiencing Barnett's moment of glory he told me to add him on Facebook, so I typed his name and about 30 Fan pages popped up along with countless Fake Facebook's of his. I was honored to have the REAL one add me :P.

After the Runway show my mom and I drove one of my agency photographers home because he lives right by us. On our way he encouraged us to stop at a place called "Sprinkles". It has a Cup Cake ATM!!! It was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen, and delivered the most wonderful Cup Cake I have ever had in my entire life! Literally. After out Cup Cake adventure we dropped him off at Jessie McCartney's house...seriously, only in Hollywood.


No comments:

Post a Comment